Have you finished your holiday shopping? Is there a speaker on your list that you’d like to gift? (Maybe that speaker is you?) I’ve put together a very short list of items (many could fit into a stocking) that could fit the bill, whether you are giving or receiving:
1. Flash Drive – A great stocking-stuffer, one can never go wrong with another flash-drive – especially one that has lots of memory to hold audio and video files.
2. “On-the-go” Charger – So much of our business these days happens on our smartphone. What happens when the battery is low or about to die and you are on an important call? This on-the-go charger works when an electric outlet isn’t available.
3. Books – There is so much to be gained from watching Ted Talks, not only for the information that is presented, but for the way that the top presenters deliver their information. For that reason, Talk Like Ted: The 9 Public Speaking Secrets of the World’s Top Minds by Carmine Gallo made my list this year.
4. Music Stand – OK, this won’t fit in a stocking, however, this has been one of my most valuable pieces of equipment, especially when speaking to smaller groups or when on the phone for an interview. My music stand is portable, holds my materials, and can even hold my ipad (with a clip) when recording a client!
5. Classes – As a life-long learner, I will jump at the chance to continue to improve my skills. A membership to Toastmasters or a class from www.creativelive.com is a gift that will continue to give throughout the New Year!
What other ideas do you have on your wish list?